February 1, 2024
5 Top Sustainability Events, Campaigns and Summits Happening in Singapore
Embark on a Green Odyssey in Singapore! Uncover the city-state's sustainability secrets with our guide to the Top 5 eco-events of 2023! From groundbreaking solutions to star-studded conferences, join the movement towards a greener future. Don't just witness change; be the change!
Singapore is a city-state that is well-known for its economic success, cultural diversity, and urban development. But did you know that Singapore is also a leader in sustainability and environmental protection? Singapore has been ranked as the most sustainable city in Asia and the fourth most sustainable city in the world by the Arcadis Sustainable Cities Index 20221. Singapore has also been selected to host the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) Global Conference 2024, the first time the flagship global conference is held in the city-state2.
Singapore’s commitment to sustainability is evident in the various events, campaigns and summits that are happening in the country. These events showcase the best practices, innovations, and solutions that Singapore and other stakeholders are implementing to address the challenges and opportunities of sustainable development. Whether you are a sustainability enthusiast, a business leader, a policy maker, or a curious citizen, there is something for everyone to learn and participate in these events.
In this blog, we will highlight some of the top sustainability events, campaigns and summits that are happening in Singapore in 2023 and beyond. We will also share some of the key takeaways and insights from these events, and how you can get involved and make a difference.
EcoLab Winners Circle 2023
EcoLab Winners Circle 2023 is a global event that celebrates and showcases the winners of the EcoLab Sustainability Challenge, a competition that invites students and young professionals from around the world to propose innovative solutions for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)3. The event will be held in March 2023 in Singapore, and will feature presentations, workshops, networking sessions, and awards ceremonies. The event will also provide an opportunity for the participants to connect with industry experts, mentors, investors, and potential partners.
Some of the winning solutions from the previous edition of the EcoLab Sustainability Challenge include:
- A biodegradable and compostable packaging material made from agricultural waste
- A blockchain-based platform that enables transparent and traceable transactions of renewable energy
- A mobile app that connects consumers with local farmers and reduces food waste
- A wearable device that monitors and improves the mental health of workers in stressful environments
- A smart irrigation system that optimizes water use and crop yield
If you are interested in joining the EcoLab Winners Circle 2023, you can register for the event on the official website4. You can also follow the EcoLab social media accounts for the latest updates and announcements.
Asia Climate Forum 2023
Asia Climate Forum 2023 is a regional event that brings together the climate change community in Asia to exchange knowledge, ideas, and solutions for a low-carbon and resilient future. The event will be held in April 2023 in Singapore, and will cover various topics, such as climate science, policy, finance, technology, adaptation, mitigation, and communication. The event will also feature keynote speeches, panel discussions, workshops, exhibitions, and site visits.
Some of the speakers and partners from the previous edition of the Asia Climate Forum include:
- Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, former Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Dr. Amy Khor, Senior Minister of State for the Environment and Water Resources of Singapore
- Mr. Masagos Zulkifli, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources of Singapore
- Mr. Ban Ki-moon, former Secretary-General of the United Nations and President of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
- Mr. Christiana Figueres, former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and Co-founder of Global Optimism
- Mr. Yvo de Boer, former Executive Secretary of the UNFCCC and Director-General of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
- Mr. Achim Steiner, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Mr. Erik Solheim, former Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and Chair of the OECD Development Assistance Committee
- Mr. Peter Bakker, President and CEO of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Mr. Mark Carney, former Governor of the Bank of England and UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance
- Mr. Al Gore, former Vice President of the United States and Founder of The Climate Reality Project
- Mr. Leonardo DiCaprio, Actor and Environmental Activist
If you are interested in joining the Asia Climate Forum 2023, you can register for the event on the official website. You can also follow the Asia Climate Forum social media accounts for the latest updates and announcements.
Ecosperity Week 2023
Ecosperity Week 2023 is a flagship event that convenes global leaders, innovators, and practitioners to discuss and collaborate on the most pressing issues and opportunities of sustainable development. The event will be held in June 2023 in Singapore, and will consist of various sub-events, such as the Ecosperity Conference, the Ecosperity Innovation Challenge, the Ecosperity Conversations, and the Ecosperity Showcase. The event will also align with the theme of the World Environment Day, which is “Ecosystem Restoration” in 2023.
Some of the highlights and outcomes from the previous edition of the Ecosperity Week include:
- The launch of the Singapore Green Plan 2030, a national roadmap that outlines the country’s vision and goals for sustainable development
- The announcement of the Singapore Green Finance Action Plan, a framework that aims to mobilize and channel capital towards green and sustainable projects and businesses
- The signing of the Singapore-Norway Climate and Forest Partnership, a bilateral agreement that supports the conservation and restoration of tropical forests and peatlands
- The awarding of the Ecosperity Innovation Challenge, a competition that recognizes and supports promising startups and solutions that address the SDGs
- The publication of the Ecosperity Conversations, a series of dialogues and reports that explore the key themes and trends of sustainable development
- The exhibition of the Ecosperity Showcase, a platform that displays the latest technologies and innovations that enable green and circular economy
If you are interested in joining the Ecosperity Week 2023, you can register for the event on the official website. You can also follow the Ecosperity social media accounts for the latest updates and announcements.
Singapore Carbon Market & Investor Forum 2023
Singapore Carbon Market & Investor Forum 2023 is a regional event that connects the carbon market and investor community in Asia to facilitate the development and scaling of carbon reduction and removal projects and solutions. The event will be held in July 2023 in Singapore, and will feature presentations, panel discussions, workshops, networking sessions, and matchmaking opportunities. The event will also provide an overview of the current and future trends and developments of the carbon market and investor landscape in Asia and beyond.
Some of the topics and speakers from the previous edition of the Singapore Carbon Market & Investor Forum include:
- The state of the voluntary carbon market and the role of standards and registries
- The opportunities and challenges of carbon removal and nature-based solutions
- The potential and impact of carbon pricing and trading schemes and mechanisms
- The drivers and barriers of carbon finance and investment
- The best practices and case studies of carbon project development and implementation
- The innovation and disruption of carbon technologies and solutions
- Mr. Sandeep Roy Choudhury, Co-founder and Director of VNV Advisory Services and Board Member of the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA)
- Ms. Kelley Kizzier, Associate Vice President for International Climate at the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) and Co-Chair of the Article 6 Negotiations Support Group
- Mr. Hugh Salway, Director of Climate Change and Sustainability Services at Ernst & Young (EY)
- Mr. Mark LaCroix, Executive Vice President of Natural Capital Partners
- Mr. Edwin Aalders, Director of the Gold Standard Foundation
- Mr. Dirk Forrister, President and CEO of the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA)
- Mr. Sean Kidney, CEO of the Climate Bonds Initiative
- Mr. Thomas Hohne-Sparborth, Director of Economics and Sustainability at Roskill
- Mr. David Antonioli, CEO of Verra
- Mr. Niclas Svenningsen, Manager of Global Climate Action at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
If you are interested in joining the Singapore Carbon Market & Investor Forum 2023, you can register for the event on the official website. You can also follow the Singapore Carbon Market & Investor Forum social media accounts for the latest updates and announcements
GREENTECH FESTIVAL Singapore 2023
GREENTECH FESTIVAL Singapore 2023 is a global event that celebrates and showcases the pioneers and innovators of green technologies and solutions. The event will be held in November 2023 in Singapore, and will consist of various sub-events, such as the GREENTECH EXHIBITION, the GREENTECH CONFERENCE, the GREENTECH AWARDS, and the GREENTECH CONCERT. The event will also coincide with the Singapore Fintech Festival and the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH), creating a synergistic platform for cross-sectoral collaboration and exchange.
Some of the highlights and outcomes from the previous edition of the GREENTECH FESTIVAL include:
- The launch of the GREENTECH MANIFESTO, a declaration that outlines the vision and mission of the festival and its partners to accelerate the transition to a green and sustainable future1.
- The presentation of the GREENTECH AWARDS, a recognition of the outstanding achievements and contributions of individuals, organizations, and projects that are leading the way in green innovation and impact2.
- The exhibition of the GREENTECH EXHIBITION, a showcase of the latest and most cutting-edge green technologies and solutions from various sectors, such as mobility, energy, lifestyle, and education3.
- The participation of the GREENTECH CONFERENCE, a platform for dialogue and exchange of ideas and insights among the global green community, featuring speakers and panelists from diverse backgrounds and perspectives4.
- The performance of the GREENTECH CONCERT, a celebration of music and art that inspires and entertains the audience, featuring local and international artists and performers.
If you are interested in joining the GREENTECH FESTIVAL Singapore 2023, you can register for the event on the official website. You can also follow the GREENTECH FESTIVAL social media accounts for the latest updates and announcements.
Singapore is a hub for sustainability and environmental innovation, hosting and organizing various events, campaigns and summits that showcase the best practices, solutions, and opportunities for sustainable development. These events are not only informative and educational, but also engaging and inspiring, inviting the participation and collaboration of various stakeholders and audiences. By attending and joining these events, you can learn more about the current and future trends and challenges of sustainability, network and connect with like-minded people and organizations, and contribute to the global green movement. Whether you are a sustainability enthusiast, a business leader, a policy maker, or a curious citizen, there is something for everyone to enjoy and benefit from these events. Don’t miss out on these exciting and meaningful opportunities to make a difference and be part of the change.